B.TECH. (COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING)
Computer Science and Engineering department aims to prepare the young engineers by imparting high quality technical education coupled with appropriate training and wide exposure in form of MOUs, linkages, industry oriented programmes, workshops, expert lectures, etc. The department promises to go ahead with the future challenges in technological developments and deliver the bounties of frontier knowledge for the benefit of human kind. The fundamental objective of Computer Science program is to provide the opportunity for students to develop a firm foundation in Mathematics, Science and design methodology of computing systems. Our course covers all fundamentals, working and expert subjects that provide a holistic learning environment where students understand and are able to apply the most contemporary and essential tools needed in the breadth and depth of Computer Science & Engineering.
- To produce computing professionals that are able to conduct research, analyse, design and develop or maintain projects in various technical areas of computer science and engineering.
- Aims at providing a holistic education and lay emphasis on all round development of students with a methodical curricula and systematic training of students.
- Utilize knowledge and skills in Computer Science and Engineering effectively for the welfare of the society
- To impart sound technical competency to students and subsequently enhance their employability quotient in core domains and cultivate entrepreneurial spirit in students.
- To provide exposure on emerging cutting edge technologies, adequate training opportunities to work as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Dissemination of knowledge and information by organizing seminar/workshops/short term courses in planned manner.
Scope of Employment:
Computer science and engineering has revolutionized a world that was there only a moment ago, continues to have unparalleled impact in today’s world, and has a steadily increasing scope that is shaping tomorrow’s world. There are thousands of national and multinational software companies that offer jobs to Computer Engineers, some of the famous names are IBM, CISCO, TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS, GOOGLE, MICROSOFT, YAHOO and ORACLE.
- Software Developers
- Design Engineers in Web applications, Network Security and management solutions
- Computing and IT Consultants
- System Administrator
- Finance Industry
- Simulation in IT companies
There are thousands of national and multinational software companies that offer jobs to Computer Engineers. To name a few are WIPRO, Accenture, TCS, Infosys, Yahoo, Oracle, etc.
Design Engineer in Web Applications, Network Security and Management Solutions
Mobile Application Developer
Research Scientist and Engineering Consultants
Technical Associate Engineer
The government of India recruits many Computer Science Engineers for several posts in the various ministries and departments or in Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) companies. To name a few: ISRO, DRDO, Government Banks, BEL, CDAC, ONGC, Powergrid, Airports Authority of India, etc. are some of those many government sector companies that accept intake of CSE graduates.
The teaching programs have devised to match with industry needs by imbibing INDUSTRY BASED CLASSES through NetSmartz, Mohali on Data Analytics.,
SPECIALIZATION IN DATA SCIENCE available from 3rd Semester onwards.
The department is well equipped with ADEQUATE LABORATORY INFRASTRUCTURE with latest configurations to offer wide range of practical training and exposure to emerging technologies as well as futuristic technologies.
SHORT TERM EMPLOYABILITY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMS (STEEP) to make students aware about the latest technologies and aptitude.
NPTEL/MOOC courses for both faculty and students
Skill enhancement modules in each semester
Pedagogical teaching learning Environment
Best Results in the University with top merit positions