B.TECH. (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)
– MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEALS WITH DESIGN AND PRODUCTION OF TOOLS, MACHINES AND ALL OTHER MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT TO BE USED IN INDUSTRIES.
Mechanical Engineering has been the medium through which the single most important socio-economic revolution known as the Industrial Revolution had found its expression in the 19th century. The steam engine of James Watt and associated influx of mechanical devices and machines have changed the mode of life all over the world from the agrarian to the industrial. Over the last century Mechanical Engineering has ushered in enormous convenience and facilities for mankind. Because of the higher level of instrumentation, automation and computerization of the products and processes there has been an enormous development and refinement in manufacturing technology. Mechanical engineering is a diverse subject that derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small individual parts to large systems.
Objective of the Mechanical Engineering Department is to prepare the manpower that is globally best. Most of the students, who graduate from the department, end up taking leading positions in industry, academia and government in both India and abroad.
Scope of Employment:
- Mechanical engineers make a difference. That’s because mechanical engineering careers center on creating technologies to meet human needs. Virtually every product or service in modern life has probably been touched in some way by a mechanical engineer to help humankind.
- This includes solving today’s problems and creating future solutions in health care, energy, transportation, world hunger, space exploration, climate change, and more.
- There are number of opportunities in market as well as Mechanical engineer can independently run their business to earn handsome amount of money.
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ Aerospace engineer
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ Automotive engineer
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ CAD technician
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ Control and instrumentation engineer
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ Maintenance engineer
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ Mechanical engineer
ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ Nuclear engineer
1) Department has young & highly motivated faculties with good academic experience.
2) Most of the faculty members presented &published papers at several reputed National, International conferences and journals.
3) The department is well equipped with 13 laboratories and 8 workshops.
4) Department is working on outcome base teaching-learning process.
5) Department has excellent Student-Teacher ratio as per AICTE Norms.
6) Department has excellent number of Placement.